Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Pre-Silicon Performance Verification Engineer
Job（岗位）: Senior Pre-Silicon Performance Verification Engineer
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Austin, United States | Raleigh, United States
The silicon computing development team is seeking passionate, driven, and intellectually curious computer/electrical engineers to deliver premium-quality designs once considered impossible. Our team is involved in numerous projects within Microsoft developing custom silicon for a diverse set of systems ranging from traditional computing solutions to artificial intelligence and augmented reality. We are responsible for delivering cutting-edge, custom CPU and SoC designs that can perform complex and high-performance functions in an extremely efficient manner.
- Solid background and understanding of computer architecture and design performance principles (experience with performance model correlation preferred)
- 8+ years design verification experience as a part of a CPU, Graphics or SoC development team
- Experience or strong interest in the performance verification or modeling
- In depth knowledge of verification principles, testbenches, stimulus generation, UVM/OVM, and coverage
- Extensive experience debugging designs as well as creating simulation environments
- Scripting language such as Python or Perl preferred
- Strong communication skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role, you will:
- Establish yourself as an integral member of Performance Verification team.
- Define, document, implement, and close on a performance model correlation methodology for an assigned unit.
- Develop and execute on a performance verification test plan.
- Collaborate across design units on vertical and horizontal reuse of components.
- Implement a performance focused stimulus strategy, consisting of benchmarks and targeted performance tests.
- Debug correlation, simulation, and hardware performance fails and perform performance analysis.
- Provide technical leadership through mentorship and strong teamwork.