Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Technical Program Manager
Job（岗位）: Senior Technical Program Manager
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States | Raleigh, United States | Mountain View, United States | San Diego, United States | New York, United States | Austin, United States | Atlanta, United States | Boston, United States | Portland, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
- Bachelor’s Degree AND 6+ years experience in engineering, product/technical program management, data analysis, or product development OR equivalent experience
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree AND 10+ years experience in engineering, product/technical program management, data analysis, or product development OR equivalent experience.
- 8+ years experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
- 1+ year(s) experience reading and/or writing code (e.g., sample documentation, product demos).
- 4+ years people management experience.
- 3+ years’ experience with Render pipeline, CV, algorithms and tracking/SLAM
- 3+ years’ experience with Optics, or as an ME/EE
- 3+ years’ experience in OptoMechanical projects as well as data analysis
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software,and services governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Due to contractuallimitations and ITAR obligations associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanentresident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required.
Candidates selected for this position must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model – Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach – Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care – Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
Analysis of Customer and Market Signals
- Guides teams to identify opportunities and gaps in the implementation of feature(s)/feature areas (e.g., product, service) including comparison of various quality and performance metrics to various solutions. Ensures teams participate in customer engagements to solicit feedback and understand their experiences with Microsoft’s products and services.
- Shares best practices and helps team perform market research in collaboration with other teams, conduct competitive analyses, and examine customer and technology-related industry trends, as well as industry-specific requirements or regulations.
- Advocates for the use of data by bringing product usage, product telemetry, and service data together, to identify highly complex patterns, generate hypotheses, and build a plan to have a impact on the product.
- Demonstrates and builds experiences across multiple groups or divisions.
- Leads and coaches teams to develop problem statements and form hypotheses of feature(s)/feature areas (e.g., product, service) across divisional boundaries to address highly complex business, program, customer needs, and/or market opportunities; identifies dependencies of other features.
- Leads teams to perform experiments to test hypotheses and inform decisions on what feature(s)/feature areas (e.g., product, service) to introduce.
- Establishes clarity of patterns of root problem and how it relates with previously seen trends across customers; determines the customers/sectors impacted, and uses research evidence to influence feature prioritization.
- Determines and leads process improvements to quickly scope insights;, and drives change management initiatives.
- Uses industry understanding to direct teams to ensure alignment between the customer, the market, internal stakeholders, senior leadership, and the goals and strategy of Microsoft. Holds teams accountable for collaborating with others (e.g., Engineering, Marketing, Design) to ensure that they can satisfy customer requirements.
- Provides expertise to help teams validate the market size and opportunity of greatest value for the company. Facilitates collaboration between their team and other partner teams to bring about solutions.
- Guides and coaches teams in working with Software and Hardware Engineering to design architecture and integrated solutions for feature(s)/feature areas (e.g., product, service) to technical needs.
- Reviews design documents and architecture proposals, and provides approvals. Coaches teams to understand what options are available to identify and select best option for needs, and create new solutions if needed.
- Guides teams when working with architects and technical partners to develop architecture requirements.
- Guides teams when working with internal and external technical partners and/or architects to represent technical solutions to customers.
- Provides expertise to help teams define the multiple program goals and prioritization for the feature(s)/feature areas (e.g., product, service) they own.
- Guides teams to translate the needs of the organization and other teams into program goals and prioritized deliverables based on data insights.
- Guides teams to engage in active risk management (proactive and reactive) to identify risks and propose mitigations for risks using data (e.g., telemetry, usage, net satisfaction, customer satisfaction).
- Coaches teams to define success criteria and performance metrics (e.g., Objectives and Key Results [OKRs], Key Performance Indicators [KPIs] such as quality and performance) of the feature(s)/feature areas (e.g., product, service) and works with Software and Hardware Engineering to ensure needed telemetry is developed.
- Provides expert knowledge to help teams deeply understand the return on investment.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in orchestrating and integrating efforts for the development and implementation process of feature(s)/feature areas (e.g., product, services) on large cross functional projects with internal teams and external partners.
- Drives teams to collaborate and coordinate across teams and perspectives to ensure alignment on product management and release, including tradeoffs, adjustments, and improvements as feasible.
- Guides teams to partner with the engineering team to contribute, prioritize, and deliver on the roadmap for the feature(s)/feature areas (e.g., product, service).
- Drives teams to understand the value proposition for the feature(s)/feature areas and answer technical questions on the feature(s)/feature areas they own.
- Guides teams to justify capacity requirements and advocate for the right resource allocation. Partners with the Engineering team to know the feature capabilities in alignment with the goal updates and associated tradeoffs.
- Guides teams tracking, coordinating, and communicating end-to-end project schedules (e.g., epics, sprint/semester plans, milestones, timelines, releases) for feature(s)/feature areas (e.g., product, service).
- Ensures teams establish and monitor processes, and hold other stakeholders accountable for following the established schedule and processes.
- Guides teams when tracking and managing dependencies to enable cohesive, connected user scenarios, and to avoid issues and mitigate risks.
- Coaches teams to make adjustments or course corrections when projects are not aligned to schedules or goals.
- Drives teams to develop the staging and implementation plan for piloting/release in alignment with Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for feature(s)/feature areas (e.g., product, service), its development timeline, and the introduction to the different programs.
- Ensures teams collaborate with stakeholders to monitor progress and adjust as needed.
- Helps teams lead governance programs and processes to ensure that specific performance requirements and standards are met throughout the development lifecycle (e.g., quality, compliance, privacy, security, safety, accessibility).
- Acts as an industry expert when educating teams to validate use-case and scenario outcomes, and performance targets that are being achieved. Oversees teams driving continuous quality improvements and writing readable and extensible test cases from scratch to test code and improve quality.
- Provides expertise to help teams partner with others (e.g., Data Science, Software and Hardware Engineering) to collect performance metrics (e.g., Key Performance Indicators [KPIs] such as usage, quality, speed, and cost), monitor and report on progress (e.g., business reviews), and derive insights that lead to productive
- courses of action to improve development, iteration, and implementation of feature(s)/feature areas (e.g., product, service). Leverages customer listening systems, telemetry, engagements (e.g., interviews, surveys), etc., to develop insights on product and/or service performance and customer needs. Ensures teams share insights with Engineering and other partners.
- Leads teams to form hypotheses to technical needs, perform experiments, and iterate to drive improvement in specific performance metrics that have measurable impact.
- Guides teams to own the customer supportability experience and provides documentation (e.g., troubleshooting guidelines, best practices, blogs).
- Ensures teams monitor how products and/or services are being used; holds them accountable for tracking and understanding a root-cause analysis for live-site incidents. Provides expertise to help teams understand and drive improvements in the support process, including both forums and communities.
- Drives teams to collaborate with Software and Hardware Engineering, Customer Service and Support (CSS), and other partners (e.g., business-process owners) on broad live-site improvement opportunities.
- Guides teams to act as technical advisors to educate and evangelize the feature(s)/feature areas (e.g., product, service) they work on with customers via meetings, presentations and other forums. Ensures teams participate in direct customer (internal and/or external) engagements to solicit feedback and understand their experiences with the feature(s)/feature areas (e.g., product, service).
- Guides teams to deliver sales enablement and field support. Coaches teams to work on strategic business deals, creates strategic partnerships, and participates in pre-sales meetings with customers.