Microsoft AR/VR Job | Hardware Engineer I
Job（岗位）: Hardware Engineer I
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
The HoloLens Display team in Redmond, WA is seeking a motivated, versatile engineer to support testing and failure analysis. This role requires the ability to drive the construction of test setups, create and execute test plans, and write detailed reports. In addition, the role involves the use of test equipment for conclusive failure analysis. The ideal candidate will have a track record of self-starting and curiosity, and the desire to learn and expand their skills.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with SEM and other advanced imaging equipment
- Experience programing with Labview, Matlab, python for test equipment control and data analysis
- Experience using and interfacing to environmental chambers
- Experience working with MEMS devices
- Experience with a variety of standard laboratory test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DMMs, function generators
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work smoothly with a diverse team of engineers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including workflow documentation, writing SOPs for test operators, writing test reports with conclusions
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in electro-opto-mechanical test development and execution
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Hardware Engineer I, you will apply your hands-on hardware skills to create and maintain testing infrastructure for Hololens display. You will create test plans to characterize electrical, optical, and mechanical aspects of display components, and drive the execution. You will compile test results into reports that provide conclusions based on data. You will leverage your expertise in testing towards the analysis of component failures, using advanced inspection and characterization techniques to understand failure modes. This position requires the versatility to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Hybrid experience that includes both failure analysis skills and strong electromechanical testing skills is necessary for this role. The ability to work well in a team with engineers of other disciplines is required. Strong communication and documentation skills are a must.