Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Technical Program Manager – Mixed Reality
Job（岗位）: Principal Technical Program Manager – Mixed Reality
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Espoo, Finland
Mixed Reality HW and Advanced Optics team in Finland is broadening the scope to the optical cloud systems. For this we are seeking a highly motivated Senior Technical Program Manager to join our fresh Advanced Optics for the Cloud Team to develop the disrupting technology to cloud storage systems.
If you are passionate about applying your engineering and management skills to turn the technologies of today into the hardware of the future and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
As a Technical Program Manager, you’ll be driving optical data storage technology development as well as product development, organizing and presenting program reviews and updates and creating clarity on priorities, schedules, and specifications. You will get to know the requirements of cloud storage systems and how these requirements are translated into a new optical data storage system. You’ll also learn how femtosecond lasers, beam scanners, modulators and polarization optics can be used for creating a unique optical cloud storage system.
You’ll be working in a world glass multi-disciplinary team of optics, electronics and mechanics specialists and a leadership that will guide and help you grow on your career. Your creativity and imagination will be put to great use as you discover and overcome the challenges encountered when pioneering new technologies and applying known technologies in novel ways.
This is a great opportunity to join us on the very frontline of the optical data storage innovation.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- BS/MS Degree in engineering or science or 5+ years equivalent industrial experience
- Experience of 5+ years working as a program or project manager developing new cutting-edge technologies and hardware products
- Experience and understanding of optics, microelectronics manufacturing, laser technology or data storage
- Proven track-record in delivering high quality results within schedule. Ability to plan ahead, see the big picture and persistently deliver on program requirements
- Experience in managing highly multi-disciplinary projects (computer science, optics, robotics, electronics, software, mechanics) across internal stakeholders and external partners and suppliers
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and presentation skills in English
- Understanding of fundamental business processes and challenges. Strong financial control – estimating costs and tracking spend against progress
- Personal integrity, initiative, curiosity, and exceptional judgement. Microsoft runs on Trust
- Formal project management certifications (e.g., PMP, Prince2, etc.)
- Experience in cloud storage systems and/or advanced optical technologies
Join us as a Technical Program Manager and be one who empowers billions!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Program Management of multidisciplinary hardware development within optics, laser material processing, robotics and automation, electronics, mechanical engineering, and industrial design
- Ownership of product program delivery on time with high quality and within budget
- Create clarity, develop solid project plans, and manage schedules, priorities, and specifications
- Organize and deliver program reviews/status updates to engineering and senior management
- Manage outsourced development and sub-system projects
- Continuously improve team’s project execution and ways of working by establishing best practices and effective processes
- Help build the hardware team, including talent hiring and people skill development