Microsoft AR/VR Job | Director, Mechanical Engineering
Job（岗位）: Director, Mechanical Engineering
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Manufacturing Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Mountain View, United States
Microsoft HoloLens Team is continuing to revolutionize consumer electronic devices. The team is that incubated Kinect and profoundly redefined the way people interact with technology is forming a product development team to change the world again! We are growing team of experienced device product developers, working in a startup environment on redefining experiences with epic technology innovation. We are developing ground-breaking hardware, software and experiences across computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and image and video processing, networking and graphics. We will transform our ideas into reality through shipping a first-to-market product.
We are looking for a highly motivated and seasoned Mechanical Engineer who enjoys bringing both technical and tactical expertise to cross-disciplinary teams and is excited about leading system-level and sub-system designs through fast-paced product development cycles. A strong mix of technical breadth and depth will allow you to work cross-functionally to tie mechanical assemblies, optics, electronics and software into compelling consumer experiences.
- 5+ years of experience in electro-mechanical product design.
- Experienced in designing for large volume production in a wide range of manufacturing processes (CNC, laser welding/drilling, Molding operations, Extrusion, lamination, printing/s, plating/s, etc.).
- Integration and development experience with mechanisms.
- Successful experience in meeting reliability requirements for mass production.
- Proven experience in applications with some or all of the following technology verticals: Displays, Batteries, Antennas, Acoustics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- BSME/MSME – combination with Material Science (Polymers, Metals, Composites).
- Proficient in ProE Creo/SolidWorks. CFD/FEA packages a plus.
- Background in Metrology tools and failure analysis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a MechanicalEngineer you will be responsible for system design and verification/validation including (but not limited to):
- System level and sub-system design responsibilities in the development of concept explorations and technology investigations.
- Create evaluation models and systems to assess performance investigations for various technology components and product features.
- Interface across multiple disciplines (e.g. Program Management, Component Engineering, EE) in selection of components for detailed development.
- Interface directly with sub-system partners for design of and integration of technology components.
- Contribute to project planning for development schedules.
The candidate must be willing and able to travel (domestic and international) to support design and manufacturing activities.