Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Software Engineering Manager
Type（岗位类型）: Software Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond/United States
In Mesh, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, inclusive of computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a team of talented engineers, program managers, designers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality headsets, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mesh technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
As a Principal Software Engineering Manager in the Mesh Experiences team, you will lead a team of amazing engineers to create immersive, collaborative experiences that will revolutionize interactions between the end users and their devices. These experiences will empower users to seamlessly transition between the physical and the digital world and access relevant information in a manner that is more human in nature. The experiences we develop follow a human-centered design approach and we hope to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more together.
This is a hybrid work opportunity with 50% work on-site at the Redmond campus, and 50% remote.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- OR equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience as a technical lead and people manager.
- 5+ years of experience with Unity, Unreal or related game engines.
- Experience shipping high quality, performant 3D games or MR experiences.
- Cloud Screen Requirement: Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Experience in Augmented or Virtual Reality development.
- Experience incorporating AI models and Computer Vision algorithms in 3D experiences.
- Experience in shipping highly scalable, networked user experiences.
Software Engineering M6 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $158,500 – $276,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $202,800 – $304,200 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Lead a team of software engineers to deliver a set of delightful, high quality, performant experiences that work across 3D (VR, AR) and 2D (PCs, Tablets, Phones) endpoints
- Partner with industry-leading Engineers, Artists, PMs and Designers to turn concepts into wonderful, shipping experiences
- Work with state-of-the art next generation Mixed Reality hardware, sensors, and software
- Incorporate the latest AI, Machine Learning and Computer Vision capabilities into the design of our products
- Contribute to team growth, team health and culture by demonstrating Microsoft’s leadership and managerial principles
- Embody our Culture and Values