Apple AR/VR Job | Sr. SW Engineer, Streaming Media
Job（岗位）: Sr. SW Engineer, Streaming Media
Citys（岗位城市）: Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Audio and Media Technologies Group (AMT) is looking for a creative and dedicated engineer to join our Streaming Media team. This team delivers the technology that powers the media viewing and listening experiences across our entire ecosystem for both 1st party (TV+, Apple Music, Sports) and 3rd party content streaming services (Disney, Netflix, HBO).
We are looking for a highly motivated senior software engineer to support us in the design and development of our next generation of media streaming technologies. The role offers an incredible opportunity to contribute in the stack that powers our adaptive bit-rate engine across billion+ devices. To be successful, you should be able to thrive in a dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
Ability and motivation to understand top to bottom architecture and functional details of a complex system with multiple inter-dependencies.
Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate under aggressive schedules.
Experience in the field of video streaming, including knowledge of commonly used streaming protocols such as HLS, DASH, WebRTC, etc.
Requires strong software development experience in C / C++, with proficiency in multi-threaded development and synchronization primitives.
Knowledge of audio, visual and caption format standards (AVC, HEVC, AAC, ATMOS, WebVTT, IMSC, etc) and the associated media file formats (ISO base media file format, CMAF, fMP4, MPEG-2 TS)
Outstanding analytical, programming and debugging skills
As a Streaming Media Software Engineer, you will be accountable for the following.
– Responsible for developing features in areas related to video streaming, web-based playback.
– Contribute to overall media systems design, network bandwidth estimation and media adaption algorithms, performance analysis and optimizations.
– Support our media playback pipeline teams to build robust content protection/decryption support for our DRM technology (e.g., FairPlay Streaming).
– Support our tools and data analytics teams to leverage tools and data to drive improvements in our player stack.
– Collaborate closely with multi-functional teams to ensure end to end bringup of new streaming features.
Your creativity will craft protocols, implementations and services that bring the best and latest multimedia experiences to all of our customers. The role offers an incredible opportunity to learn from world class experts across multiple disciplines both within Apple and in the industry.
Nice to have but not required:
– Experience in developing AR/VR and immersive video streaming technologies
– Machine Learning basics and experience using CoreML / CreateML is a plus
– Understanding the technology that powers dynamic ad-insertion systems (ad-servers, decisioning systems)
– Have a recognizable presence in the industry (contributions in the standards space, industry forums, W3C/HTML5, etc)
– Knowledge of MSE and EME technology stacks for web video delivery
– Demonstrated ability to work with a large cross-functional teams