Microsoft AR/VR Job | Software Engineer II
Job（岗位）: Software Engineer II
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. For over two decades now, Windows has democratized computing and made it possible for billions of humans everywhere to achieve more!
With the power of a Common OS Core enabling new and innovative category defining Devices (like HoloLens, Surface Studio, Surface Dial etc.) backed by Intelligent Cloud Services (like XBOX Live, Office365, OneDrive, Universal Store, Beam Streaming, LinkedIn, Dynamics CRM, Bing, Skype, Yammer, Microsoft Health etc.), Windows continues to enable users to have Seamless, Secure and Intuitive game changing Experiences (like 3D Object Creation, Holographic Computing, Augmented / Virtual Reality, 4k Gaming, Inking, Cortana Personal Assistant etc.) across multiple devices in a complex and socially connected world. Additionally, cloud businesses like Azure rely on the core OS for building and selling critical services to customers.
The Windows Mobile Connectivity Data and Intelligence team is looking for a skilled, customer-obsessed engineer to help connect, analyze, and validate the Windows-powered devices of the future! Connectivity is crucial to the intelligent cloud and intelligent edge. Come help shape a part of the team which enables devices to be always-connected. Help enable our customers to achieve more.
As part of the Data and Intelligence team you will represent the voice of the customer. This role focuses on building and listening to signals for measuring the quality of the product. These efforts include building out large test environments to simulate customer behaviors, instrumenting and analyzing customer telemetry and building diagnostic tooling to help customers and further investigations.
- BS degree in CS or related engineering field
- Solid design, programming, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in at least one programming language
- Good communication, collaboration, and planning skills
- Experience with data/telemetry/reporting or similar experience
- Experience with data pipeline/processing/querying or similar experience
- Experience with the design, implementation, debugging and testing complex systems
- Experience with automation frameworks and techniques
- Strong customer empathy, communication, technical leadership and influencing skills
- Proficient in data analytics techniques: cleaning, transforming, modeling, and visualizing data
- Pattern recognition and statistical analysis skills
- MS Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or related fields or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Consult, design, and develop product measures for assigned customer scenarios
- Monitor product measures and file bugs when data shows product is failing
- Investigate measure failures to help identify customers and/or devices impacted most by the failures
- Work with developers and program managers regularly to both come up with appropriate metrics/measure targets and triage latest measure bugs
- Build and maintain data pipelines where needed for driver as well as OS reliability
- Build and maintain dashboards aligning with each of the data pipelines created
- Adjust pipelines and dashboards to feedback from the org
- Participate weekly in the triage of customer feedback
- Monitor weekly for partner driver flights which need triage and approval
- Manage monthly iteration planning and schedule deliverables according to meeting the product milestones
- Contribute towards team and org selfhosting goals by using early builds of the product regularly and filing feedback/bugs whenever issues are encountered
- Both define and execute required sign-off test passes when scheduled