Apple AR/VR Job | Technical Sound Designer – Apple Vision Pro
Citys（岗位城市）: Culver City, California, United States
Are you interested in joining the creative team behind an Emmy® Award-winning interactive narrative experience?
At Apple, we strive to deliver surprise and delight to our millions of customers, and our team operates at the intersection of imagination and technology. This hands-on Technical Sound Designer position entails working with a dynamic, cross-discipline team to transform visionary ideas and concepts into groundbreaking consumer experiences. We are looking for someone who is ready to jump into a world of innovation and R&D—someone with a proven track record for shipping complex projects under demanding timelines.
As Technical Sound Designer, you will lead the audio design throughout a project. You will bring rich, narrative-driven worlds to life using your expertise in sound design, define the mood and tone of the experience with your understanding of musical structure and score, and integrate dialogue across content with your ADR familiarity. You will have one foot in creative and the other in technical implementation, working closely with a team of designers, artists, animators, engineers, and more alongside external vendors to deliver innovative, genre-defining experiences.
If you are excited by the opportunity to craft experiences that delight millions of customers, we want to hear from you!
Passion for creating imaginative experiences powered by ground breaking technology.
3+ years shipping narrative-driven interactive entertainment experiences.
Shipped at least one high profile experience in a sound design role.
Understanding of design philosophy for interactive entertainment experiences.
Expert in Wwise, Fmod, or equivalent for audio implementation.
Familiar with realtime 3D game editors such as Unity, Unreal, or similar.
Familiar with sound design for spatial audio.
Excellent problem solving, creative thinking, communication, and presentation skills.
Desire to grow interactive entertainment beyond traditional experiences.
Experience in spatial audio and spatial computing a plus.
As a Technical Sound Designer, you will:
– Lead the sound design for the project, owning all aspects of audio while working closely with the rest of the design team, other fields, and external vendors.
– Design and blockout the sound design across the project, and work with external vendors on asset creation for sound effects, music, and ADR.
– Act as a producer for audio, working alongside project management to ensure positive communication and problem solving between disciplines.
– Work on both internal R&D and shipping projects.
– Take risks and fail, then learn from those failures as part of the creative process.
– Continuously look for opportunities to improve how tools and processes are driven.