Apple AR/VR Job | Product Design Engineering Program Manager – Apple Vision Pro
Citys（岗位城市）: Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is where individual imaginations gather together, committing to the values that lead to great work. Every new product we build, service we create, or Apple Store experience we deliver is the result of us making each other’s ideas stronger. That happens because every one of us shares a belief that we can make something wonderful and share it with the world, changing lives for the better. It’s the diversity of our people and their thinking that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. When we bring everybody in, we can do the best work of our lives. Here, you’ll do more than join something — you’ll add something.
Apple Vision Pro is a revolutionary spatial computer that seamlessly blends digital content with your physical space. It will allow us to do the things we love in ways never before possible — all while staying connected to the people around us.
The PD EPM role will include frequent multi-disciplinary collaboration with teams like Product Design, Industrial Design, Materials, Manufacturing, SoC, Display, Camera, Antenna, Battery, and more for a new product category for Apple.
5+ years of combined experience in program management and mechanical/electrical engineering delivering products comprised of multiple materials and having high aesthetic quality
Experience leading full life-cycle product development in highly dynamic and ambiguous work environments, supporting the mechanical assembly and integration of multiple technologies
Excellent communication, teamwork, and cross-functional engagement skills are critical
Wide knowledge of product development processes including detailed understanding of manufacturing processes and tooling timelines
Ability to anticipate functional direction and roadblocks, prioritize parallel closure paths, and effectively distill and communicate relevant data to the appropriate functional teams, including leadership
Self-motivated and dedicated with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
Flexibility with ability to evolve and adapt well with rapid development cycles; can stay focused and set direction when faced with ambiguity
Experience engaging with manufacturers, DFM and FAI/CPK reports
Experience working with Product Design, Industrial Design, Operations, and System Architecture
This is a hands-on programmatic role where you and your team will be responsible for delivering the mechanical assembly through the entire program life-cycle, from architecture definition and early design to mass production
In this role you will:
– Drive the program through the entire development process, partnering with our Design, Operations and Test functions to ensure its success.
– Create and maintain streamlined program schedules by redirecting pitfalls and developing an improved course of action.
– Collaborate and facilitate cross-functional communication across engineering, operations, design teams, and our OEM/development vendors to meet ambitious quality, schedule and cost goals.
– Work to solve issues to closure by tracking progress, prioritizing FA, helping to identify root cause and working with our cross-functional partners to implement corrective action.
– Drive the manufacturing and assembly of early prototypes, travel to China to support engineering builds, and solve problems on the assembly line.
– Offer multiple levels of status updates across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management.
– Possess strong presentation skills.