Microsoft AR/VR Job | CPU Power uArch and Logic Design Engineer
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Raleigh, United States | Austin, United States
The silicon computing development team is seeking passionate, driven, and intellectually curious computer/electrical engineers to deliver premium-quality designs once considered impossible. Our team is involved in numerous projects within Microsoft developing custom silicon for a diverse set of systems ranging from traditional computing solutions to artificial intelligence and augmented reality. We are responsible for delivering cutting-edge, custom CPU and SoC designs that can perform complex and high-performance functions in an extremely efficient manner.
- Candidate must have at least a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related degree
- 6+ years of industry experience in logic design with a proven track record of delivering complex CPU, Graphics or SoC IP’s
- 3+ years’ experience developing UPF files and optimizing RTL for both active and idle power in ASIC IP using power modelling tools like PTPX, Power Artist, or similar
- 5+ years’ experience with a proven track record of successful CPU or IP designs in complex ASICs in leading-edge technology
- 5+ years’ experience in digital design including specification development, CDC, LINT and RTL coding in Verilog/SystemVerilog.
- Experience with On-die current, temperature, voltage sensor, PLL, and telemetry circuits
- Experience with digital timing analysis, multiple clocks, power, synthesis, place-n-route
- Knowledge of verification principles, testbenches, UVM, and coverage
- Scripting language such as Python or Perl
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role, you will:
- Establish yourself as an integral member of a Power team for the development of a custom CPU Core.
- Be responsible for all facets of design from working on architecture of features, microarchitecture of IP blocks, RTL design, synthesis and power optimization.
- Define, document, and implement Power/Thermal/Telemetry management logic and circuity.
- You will work with architecture, verification, thermal, and firmware teams to develop sophisticated hardware systems.
- You will mentor and assist junior level engineers and programmers to learn and grow.