Apple AR/VR Job | Senior Data Collection / User Research Manager
Citys（岗位城市）: Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Technology Development Group (TDG) is working with some of Apple’s most advanced and exciting technologies, including augmented reality (AR) explorations. As a member of our fast-paced organization, you will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly evolving team, developing innovative technologies that will delight and inspire millions of people.
We are seeking a highly experienced Senior Data Collection / User Research Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in data collection/user research, comprehensive experience leading and scaling impactful teams, and a passion for developing R&D technologies. The Senior Data Collection Manager will be responsible for scaling impactful technical teams (hiring, training, and performance management), partnering with engineering stakeholders to consistently to meet data needs, collaborating with other departments to ensure work streams are aligned with organizational goals, and facilitating a range of on site studies / collections on accelerated turnarounds.
The successful candidate will have excellent analytical and communication skills, a hands-on “no task too big or small” approach, and will thrive in high pressure, high performance data-driven organizations. In this role you will work full time on site with our growing data collection, user research, and engineering teams.
Minimum 5-7 years experience in data collection/user research management.
Thrive in cross functional, fast-paced technical environments.
Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
Develop and implement data collection strategies to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
Experience facilitating a range of user research studies / data collection on accelerated turnarounds.
Monitor data quality and ensure data integrity throughout the data collection process.
Develop and maintain data collection procedures and documentation.
Proficiency in data management tools and technologies, such as SQL, Excel, and data visualization software.
Ability to analyze / interpret data to identify trends, patterns, and insights that inform decision-making.
Ability to present data to non-technical partners while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Resourceful, creative, results oriented with a strong sense of accountability.
Ability to work on site (including weekends).
This position involves hands-on data collections / user studies at scale, and know-how to leverage critical observational skills while gathering data directly and indirectly through teams. You’re hands on, comfortable working independently, but also thrive collaborating with highly technical teams on accelerated timelines. Success involves being detail oriented, self- motivated, having a high tolerance for change/ambiguity in partnerships with a strong sense of empathy for your team and participants. Your success is heavily derived from the strength of your relationships.
* Experience working with early stage hardware/ software product development.
* Capacity to learn on the fly & on board into new data collection systems / protocols rapidly.
* Ability to rapidly & calmly problem solve technical scenarios under ambiguous circumstances.
* High energy, positive attitude, strong work ethic.
* Experience partnering with health / regulatory / compliance teams while scaling data collections.
* Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for data collection and management.
* Experience developing participant pipelines to meet large scale demographic data needs.
* Strong advocacy / empathy / ability to advocate for the user experience.
* Experience in a range of lab functions.
* inventory management / system set up / operations, data collection.
* Passion for staying up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies in data collection and management.
* Experience with AR/VR research and development.