Apple AR/VR Job | Software Prototype Engineering Program Manager
Citys（岗位城市）: Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, resourceful people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want to join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple products!
The Sensor Software & Prototyping team is looking for an experienced, technical Engineering Program Manager (EPM) with a real passion for software and machine learning to help us drive data collection efforts. This team works with some of Apple’s most advanced technologies including AR, machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV). As a member of our organization, you will lead teams crafting future products that will delight, encourage and empower millions of people.
We are looking for an ambitious teammate with a track record of shipping complex new technology and experience in software engineering. You should thrive in a dynamic, constantly changing environment. You will lead teams through the software development cycle from concept to delivery, collaborating with several teams and driving the definition, schedule, execution and communication of new features. If you are up to the challenge of leading an amazing team in building ground breaking technologies through a fast paced development cycle with frequent changes, we want to hear from you!
Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in an environment of tight schedules and deadlines.
Technical ability and background to understand all layers of OS/SW stack (iOS/MacOS preferred)
Working familiarity with CI/CD (including technical tools like Git/Jenkins), agile methodology, and bug tracking systems
Has a consistent track record in designing and managing SW release processes (iOS preferred)
Attention to detail & ability to breakdown requirements to implementation details
Possesses outstanding verbal and written communication skills, tailoring communication style and distilling relevant information for multiple audiences (engineers, managers, execs)
Ability to dive into technical details and grasp complex technical topics. Abstract key issues and risks into an actionable format for team members and executives.
Knows how to clarify where there is ambiguity by developing plans, establishing priorities, anticipating risks and is not shy to raise concerns to team and leadership.
– Collaborate with multi-functional teams to drive appropriate research and prototyping opportunities in a dynamic agile environment.
– Drive end-to-end system software bring up
– Enforce and improve SW processes
– Communicates releases related activities to all the collaborators and take their feedback to improve the process.
– Identify and highlight technical risk areas and mitigation strategies in partnership with Apple technologists.
– Cross-functionally track and communicate the key developments and updates on projects.
– Synthesize large amounts of data into concise written and verbal analyses that provide key findings, recommendations and actionable items.
– Build schedule, identify critical paths, and track program plan throughout execution.
-Technical knowledge of Hardware, Firmware, Software interfaces, especially focused on consumer products.
Experience driving end-to-end system bring up with a focus on prototype hardware and software.
-Knowledge of user-centered design principles.
– If you thrive in a constantly evolving and fast paced environment, have a strong sense of ownership, and know how to foster positive relationships, we want to talk to you!