Apple AR/VR Job | Optical Coatings Engineer
Job（岗位）: Optical Coatings Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: San Diego, California, United States
Do something different! Apple is seeking a hardworking engineer to lead overall investigation on advanced optical thin films to support Imaging, Sensing, and Display roadmap development and integration of Apple’s phenomenal products. You will work with both suppliers and internal diverse multi-functional teams at Apple to craft the hardware technologies that go into Apple products.
The team features a diverse engineering roster including optical engineers, material engineers, human perception experts, and product design engineers. We work at a fast pace and require everyone to be highly self-motivated. A successful candidate needs to be a flexible thinker and be able to problem solve alongside a team with diverse multi-functional abilities.
Strong technical background in optics, thin films, or materials
In-depth knowledge of thin film coating design, coating process, or optical characterization
Strong experience in design of experiments and corresponding data analysis
Knowledgeable of thin film deposition and metrology methods (ex. PVD, CVD, wet processing, XPS, SEM, TEM, AFM, XRD)
Creativity and out-of-box thinking in solving problems
Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English
Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate a multi-functional team
Willingness and ability to travel up to 15%
– Investigate, design & develop optical thin film coatings
– Identify areas where optical coatings can improve imaging, sensing, and display performance and customer experience, then design solutions to implement
– Work with vendors to identify key technologies that can enable new optical features and benefits
– Take total ownership to drive technologies from R&D to implementation on real products with multi-functional teams
– Hands-on experience and consistent track record in relevant areas in optical coating design and manufacturing, sophisticated process technology development, and associated equipment
– Knowhow of sophisticated and integrated optical thin films, such as on high curved substrates, plastics, or semiconductor wafers
– Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the design of interference filters, AR, HR, and beam splitter coatings.
– Experience using thin film coating design software (ex. Essential Macleod, Optilayer, TFCalc)
– Experience managing domestic and international vendors
– 3+ years of professional work experience in related fields