Microsoft AR/VR Job | Sr. Product Marketing Manager – Mesh (Experiences)
Citys（岗位城市）: Multiple Locations, United States
The metaverse with 3D/immersive capabilities has been described as the new computing paradigm. Advances in AI, blockchain, and sensor technologies have created massive interest and investments in this space both on commercial and consumer side. While immersive experiences have been part of gaming for several years, new experiences such as Roblox and Minecraft underscore the potential and opportunity ahead in the metaverse, and Gartner predicts that by 2026, 25% of people will spend at least one hour a day in the metaverse for work, shopping, education, social media and/or entertainment3. Our own research, the Work Trends Index4, shows that over 50% of employees are open to using immersive spaces in the metaverse for collaboration or team activities in the next year.
Microsoft is well positioned to enable immersive experiences at scale for enterprises, developers, creators, and consumers, and Microsoft Mesh is a key part of our approach. Come join the organization that is defining and bringing to market immersive experiences to drive employee, consumer, and fan engagement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 5+ years experience in gaming, mixed reality, video conferencing technology, or software marketing
- OR Master’s Degree in in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 3+ years experience in gaming, mixed reality, video conferencing technology, or software marketing
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 8+ years experience in gaming, mixed reality, video conferencing technology, or software marketing
- OR Master’s Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 6+ years experience in gaming, mixed reality, video conferencing technology, or software marketing
- OR equivalent experience.
- Successful history of driving market-aware business outcomes
- Experienced storyteller with strong messaging and content development skills
- Successful track-record of cross-functional collaboration with teams, contributors, and stakeholders across multiple seniority levels
- Proven track record in planning and orchestrating strategic and complex business activities
- Ability to excel in an ambiguous environment and reprioritize to align with business objectives
- Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to influence
- Strong attention to detail and ability to execute efficiently and effectively
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $129,800 – $194,800 USD.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager for Mesh and Immersive Experiences is responsible for leading the introduction of Mesh and new immersive experiences into market, including shaping the way the metaverse can enable businesses, employees, and consumers to achieve more. The following are the primary accountabilities of the role:
- Design and execute marketing plans to establish Mesh and Microsoft-led immersive experiences as the leader in metaverse platforms
- Lead the development of the Mesh narrative and marketing positioning framework, including message and value proposition research
- Influence roadmap and the future vision of Mesh and related products by partnering closely with product engineering
- Build compelling storytelling and campaigns for Mesh and other immersive experiences to generate demand, grow customer love and differentiate the solution in market
- Introduce new market innovations from Mesh, Microsoft Teams, and other immersive experiences
- Be the voice of the customers and understand market trends, competitive landscapes, and drive business stewardship for the product and develop an outbound strategy
- Work with industries team to ensure we have an aligned strategy across verticals and have prioritized key usage scenarios and market-fit
- Support go-to-market efforts for end users, field, and partners
This is a highly visible role that will require expertise in several areas: (1) the rapidly evolving collaboration / future of work space (2) strong partnership with engineering, finance, and sales organization across the company (3) natural collaborator and ability to influence others (4) having executive presence (5) excellent written and verbal communication skills with strengths in authentic storytelling (5) customer empathy and passion for problem-solving.