Apple AR/VR Job | Senior Camera HW & SW Prototyping Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: Newport Beach, California, United States
Apple is looking for a Senior Camera HW & SW Prototyping Engineer to join a fast growing production tools development team. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and self starting Engineer to advance the development of cutting edge capture systems for use in high-end professional production environments.
The Engineer will be unrestricted to explore the bounds of existing professional image capture offerings. When the limits of “the-state-of-art” block progress, the Engineer will formulate strategies to develop new technologies with internal teams and/or external partners & vendors. The systems this team creates will be used in high stakes production environments where there’s only one chance to capture amazing content.
Our group embraces a scrappy, “fail fast & often,” and “if a solution already exists, we’ll buy it.” approach to R&D. Our team doesn’t waste time reinventing the wheel for the sake of homegrown pride. We develop what doesn’t exist for those asking for the impossible.
If developing bleeding edge, high-availability, studio level, professional capture tools at the intersection of art and technology is your passion, this could be the opportunity you’ve been working towards.
5+ years experience leading or contributing to theatrical, live broadcast or high reliability AR/VR/XR/3D capture systems.
A proven track record of collaborating with production technology leads on the vendor, studio side.
Experience working with professional camera systems (Sony, ARRI, IMAX, RED, etc.).
Hands-on experience working with and deploying FPGA devices and development environments using Xilinx, Vivido, etc.
Experience delivering mechanical and industrial design CAD models from PoC to FATP using Solidworks, NX, etc.
Experience designing multilayer PCB’s employing high speed data protocols like MIPI, PCI, PAM4, SLVC-EC using Allegro, Altium, Eagle, etc.
Experience successfully communicating and collaborating with AAA producers, directors and post production & VFX supervisors.
Experience programming in C/C++ & scripting languages like Perl/Python.
Knowledge of image processing using OpenCV and bespoke debayer algorithms.
The Senior Camera HW & SW Prototyping Engineer will have a seat at the table to provide guidance on development timelines and take feedback on future R&D needs.
The Engineer’s “normal day at the office” will include researching, presenting and negotiating technical approaches with cross functional stakeholders, then developing the CAD models and EE schematics for those ideas to be manufactured using Apple’s world class rapid prototyping and manufacturing capabilities. The Engineer will work with an engineering staff to test their prototypes and production units in real world scenarios to validate performance and improve designs.
– Prior experience working with and designing for non-standard types of photography or cinematography such as underwater, aerial, extreme conditions, and virtual production.
– Familiarity with typical video and audio recording formats commonly found in the cinematic or live broadcast industry. (RAW, ProRes, EXR, BWF, etc.)
– Familiarity with video transport protocols like SMPTE-2110 and SDI.
– Familiarity with production equipment and maintenance tasks typically found in cinematic or live broadcast environments and pipelines.
– Working knowledge of media production and workflow tools such as Adobe Premiere, BlackMagic Resolve, ColorFront (OSD), ShotGrid/ShotGun, Perforce, Unity, Unreal, Movie Magic, StudioBinder, etc.,
– Experience using standard organization and communication tools. (Jira, Confluence, Keynote, PowerPoint, Omnigraffle, Vizio, Word, etc.)
– Experience with EMI, RF, vibration, drop and thermal evaluation test processes and tools.