Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Electrical Engineer
Job（岗位）: Principal Electrical Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: Mountain View, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
The Devices & Technology team within Mixed Reality is responsible for every physical device that Mixed Reality ships – from firmware to final hardware.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-driven Principal Electrical Engineer with a proven track record of bringing high density electronics assemblies from prototype through high volume mass production. A successful candidate will be a technical leader, effective communicator, creative & willing learner, and effective working in teams to solve cross functional problems.
- Minimum BS/MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field. MS strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of experience designing, implementing, and shipping high volume consumer electronics products of medium to high complexity.
- Hands-on design and factory bring-up experience required in a broad-range of phone/tablet/laptop sub-systems ranging from: RF, analog, digital, audio, video, power, electromechanical, low power, charging, display, and sensors.
- Proficient in high-speed digital design, signal and power integrity, and layout.
- Strong understanding of EMI/RFI mitigation techniques and their impact in mobile and cellular products.
- Strong understanding of power architectures and system-level analysis.
- Creative and strong problem solving, debug, and failure analysis skills. Having a solid understanding of core engineering principles, fundamental circuit design, and analytical techniques is required.
- Strong communication skills are required. This includes the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms at the executive level.
- Proven small team technical lead experience to accomplish program goals.
- Design for manufacturing and test experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead high-impact system electrical research and development projects.
- Collaborate with mechanical engineering, firmware, hardware verification, and many other engineering and design disciplines to optimize the overall system from concept to completion in the factory.
- Design, build and test rapid prototypes for evaluation of new product ideas or technology concepts.
- Conduct design and debug investigations and support development, failure analysis, and resolution activities.
- Develop project documentation including specifications, schematic diagrams, PCB layouts, schedules, and presentations to meet requirements and communicate the electrical design and its progress.
- Plan for next-generation products. Work in close collaboration with ME and ID to define products 6-12 months ahead of project start. Work with sub-system teams to look at the technology available in that time frame.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and generate new ideas for incorporating them into cutting edge products.
- Drive high level architecture decisions to ensure a smooth transition to a full product development.
- Partner with the Silicon Development Team to mesh advanced development schedules with project schedules. Drive strategic feature-sets in upcoming products.
- Collect requirements and drive for feature inclusion into silicon innovations.
- Partner with ME/SW teams to provide ideas for Proof of Concepting to showcase capabilities.
- Work with SW architecture team to strategize on long lead time items that need Hardware support.
- Be a source of knowledge about technology advancements in battery, displays, cameras, sensors, RF, and audio.
- Be knowledgeable in silicon process, off-the-shelf silicon products, and advancements in processors and sensors.